Monday 27 October 2014

New Look Pure Colour Nail Polish in Sweet Rose

Hello!

Firstly before I begin my proper review I'd like to point out that this polish is an absolute perfect dupe for Ciate's Antique Brooch (and Maybelline Brocade Knitted Gold) - thank you New Look! Antique Gold by Ciate is something I've wanted for so long, so I was thrilled to see this when I popped into New Look recently! 

The polish is a gold shimmer base with pink glitter over the top. It's so gorgeous and glittery, some serious sparkle is packed into this little bottle! It's the kind of polish you can't stop looking at, especially in the light! I found it was opaque in 2 coats.



The packaging is your pretty bog-standard nail polish bottle, although there is something about it I like. I think it's the simpleness, a nice rounded clear bottle with a smart black lid. The applicator is perfect, in my opinion. It allowed me to apply the nail polish perfectly, it's one of the best sized applicators I've used.

Drying time feels rather long, and it remains pretty tacky for ages. I knocked it a few times and it smudged, but I just dabbed it back over and you couldn't tell the difference as there is just so many glitter particles! I added a couple of layers of topcoat to smooth it out.


The one downside I've found with this polish is that is doesn't last long at all, and it peels off! Although I do work in a garden center, which is a lot more hands-on you're-probably-going-to-break-a-nail type job anyway.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with New Look's polish, I really want to try out more colours and different products.


Ellie x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks like the perfect Christmas nail polish! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you want to take part, check out this link http://www.livinginmakeup.com/2014/10/liebster-award-nomination.html. Let me know if you do :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be perfect for Christmas! :D aww thank you so much! I'll definitely consider it :) xx

      Delete

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig