Friday 30 January 2015

Makeup Revolution #liphug in Save Me From Yourself, To Get Lucky & I Am Ready

Hello!


Today I'm reviewing 3 #liphugs that I bought in my Makeup Revolution haul, a nude shade called Save Me From Yourself, a deep rose called To Get Lucky, and a red called I Am Ready. I've been wanting to try these for so long, and I'm so glad I did. At only £2.50 each, and dupes for many high-end formulas and colours, I want all 20 shades!





I really like the packaging of these, they remind me of the Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour packaging, except I prefer the Makeup Revolution packaging as I love the gold inner casing. I think some of them (or all of them) have been named after songs or song lyrics, like Daft Punk's "To Get Lucky" and I recently heard the words "save me from yourself" in a song although I can't remember the artist. The one thing that does bother me, although fairly irrelevant, is the bad grammar on the labelling - as the shades are names they should start with capitals! Oh well, #grammarpolice4life. :)

The product itself is wonderful, it's very pigmented and so creamy with a hint of gloss, it applies to lips perfectly.
Save Me From Yourself is very much a caramel nude, it reminds me of my Max Factor Colour Elixir, but warmer. I read on Magpie Jasmine that this is also a perfect dupe for MAC Jubilee (lustre)!
To Get Lucky is lovely dark rose shade, it's different from a lot of shades I own which is why I love it so much, it's the colour I was hoping for when I ordered!
I Am Ready is a gorgeous, easy-to-wear day-to-day red. As Lip Hugs have a balmy texture, it gives it a more casual feel. The perfect way to rock a red lip if casual red lips make you feel a bit nervous!
I have also discovered that layering this over lip balm gives it a completely different look and feel, it's like having a 2-in-1 lipstick! A thicker more opaque lipstick option, and a sheerer glossier option.


Above: To Get Lucky



Above: Save Me From Yourself



Above: I Am Ready

I love these lipsticks, and I'm definitely picking some more up in the future.
Have you tried these? Would love to read some reviews!

Ellie x
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Thankyou so much! Great blog and sorry for the bad grammar! X
    We always read blogs! #bloggersdoitbetter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ee thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot! x

      Delete
  2. This colours look gorgeous, great post! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous products, I highly recommend! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I love this brand! I haven't tried the lipsticks before though. They look like gorgeous shades too! The price is amazing :) xx

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely worth a try, I can't imagine people not loving them, they're wonderful! xx

      Delete
  4. oh wow i love the colors and the packaging is so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging too. They look so much more expensive than they actually are :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colours!!! I love Makeup Revolution!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, these shades are gorgeous!

    Hannie at // Chapters Like This //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wonderful, they have such a wide range of colours too!

      Delete
  7. I just cannot get enough of Makeup Revolution at the minute, love love love this post x
    claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig