Wednesday 4 February 2015

Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow in Mountains of Gold


One item I've been loving from my Makeup Revolution haul was this single gold eyeshadow. I decided I wanted a single gold eyeshadow to stop me from carrying palettes around in my overnight bag (which I basically live out of most the time) as palettes take up a lot of space.

Although basic, I do like the packaging on these single eyeshadows. They are made of plastic, and do feel fairly breakable if you aren't careful, but hey that's what you get for a £1. The clear lid allows you to easily and quickly find the shade you want if you're rummaging around your eyeshadow drawer. The closure feels secure, so I'm not worried about this popping open in my makeup bag and spilling gold dust everywhere.





The shadow itself is wonderfully pigmented, just like all Makeup Revolution eyeshadows. In 2 layers, it's fully gold on my lid. I like that it is buildable as it allows control over how strong you want the shade, as you don't always want strong gold lids, a hint of golden shimmer sometimes is enough. That's another thing, stay away if you don't like shimmer eyeshadows as boy does this pack a shimmer. I personally love shimmer/lustre eyeshadows so I love this! There is a fair bit of a fall out if you aren't careful but this is a problem easily solved by holding a bit of tissue under your eye on application to catch the fall out.

Overall, another product I love from Makeup Revolution. I haven't come across I product I haven't loved yet, can they do no wrong?! 
If you've tried any of their single eyeshadows I'd love to see some reviews/swatches as I really want to add to my collection!

These are just £1 from Makeup Revolution, and are available to buy through Superdrug.

Ellie x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I can't believe thats £1! Amazing. I love the shimmeryness. It looks super pigmented!
    Sarah-Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's fantastic! It's so pigmented, I've found that all Makeup Revolution eyeshadows are :)

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to try this brand for so long, but I have no clue where to get in in the US, or if it's even in the US! I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure if they're over here yet. Every product review I see about them is always so positive and everything looks perfectly pigmented.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they have launched anywhere yet in the US, as they are mainly online with only a select range of products in some larger Superdrug stores. However, I checked on their website and they do International postage if you really wanted to try them out! :)

      Delete

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig