Sunday 21 September 2014

My A/W Lips

Hello!

I'm starting to slowly change up my makeup now ready for the colder months, the two main changes in trends I think are lips and nails.
I love a mixture of reds and nudes for this season, and I'm thinking of even having a hint of orange this next season! 


Up first is the nudes. I've been loving a nude lip recently as I just find them so easy to pull off and I feel like they look really quite chic.
Love Nude! by Makeup Revolution is part of their #happylips range and it's a pretty perfect MLBB shade. The argan oil around the outside keeps my lips nice and hydrated and the gorgeous pinky nude makes my lips look perfected.
08 is part of Rimmel's Kate collection and again, is a super gorgeous pink nude. I love the satin finish of this, plus it just seems to last forever!
The One by Makeup Revolution is very new to my collection but I've already fallen in love with it's super creamy texture and awesome pigmentation. Very much a "true nude"!

Onto the reds. Everyone needs a red lipstick in their life and with over 200 different shades that the human eye alone can see, I'm positive there's a red out there for everyone.
Bourdeux is part of the Maybelline Colour Sensational range and is a gorgeous dark red. It applies really nicely and isn't drying at all. It's not the longest lasting, but I don't mind doing a touch up!
160 is a super dark purple/red by Barry M. Although it's part of the Moisturising Lip Paint range, this seriously isn't moisturising and actually fairly hard to apply. However, it is a stunning colour.
Now Alarm is by Rimmel and a part of their Lasting Finish range. I love this colour, a real true red and just a real winner. It has a lovely texture, is easy to apply and lasts for quite a while before showing any wear!

Up last is something a bit different, I haven't actually seen orange on any A/W posts so far yet I feel like it's a nice shade for this time of year. Electric Orange by Maybelline is a seriously bright shade, but a light wash over the lips (or even applied over the top of a nude) is just a lovely wash of colour. Certain to banish those gloomy day blues!

Ellie x
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Loving your AW lippy collection - great selection of shades!

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all these colors, such beautiful shades! And I think the first picture is too die for, so pinterest-worthy lol



    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. dark lips for fall are just a must, mac diva is my favorite.
    xx

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are! That's a beautiful shade, I'm still yet to dabble in the world of MAC! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty selection of shades! I don't own an orange lipstick and the Maybelline shade is lovely, I must pick one up!
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Maybelline orange lippy, you should definitely pick one up! :) xx

      Delete
  5. That lip selection is lovely - I'm all about that fall lip.

    I'm into Maybelline's Bourdeaux (even if it isn't as long-lasting as the other lip products). Might pick it up next time I'm at the store xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and autumn lips are my favourite too! You should definitely pick one up, it's such a gorgeous colour - literally the perfect shade! xx

      Delete
  6. I love, the electric orange! orange lipstick is and always will be a must have for me.
    Much Love, AnnCates xx
    anncates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to go check out the Rimmel lipsticks as soon as I move to London. Everyone seems to love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're some of my favourites!

      Delete

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig