Wednesday 12 November 2014

Makeup Revolution Lipsticks in Treat & Dusky

Hello!

Two lipsticks from Makeup Revolution today. One being my absolute perfect everyday lipstick and the other unwearable... The pain of online shopping and buying blind.


I'm going to quickly talk about Dusky as this is the shade I don't get on with. It's not the products fault, it's my lips agreement and the fact the shade doesn't suit me. Dusky is a matte pink shade, which desperately unflatters my olive skintone and the matte completely dries out my lips as I have very dry lips. I can see this suiting paler girls, and those who don't have dry lips!


Treat on the other hand is an absolute diamond, and I've been wearing it non-stop since it dropped through my door. It's a pinky-nude with a slightly browner hint to it, making it perfect for my skintone. It has a creamy finish and sits perfectly on my lips, not filling in the lines and actually makes them look pretty perfect. It also feels very comfortable, like velvet on the lips. It lasts for quite a while without eating or drinking, and reapplies with no fuss.



The packaging is the pretty standard plastic black tube with gold lettering, and the little clear end to show you the shade. I do find this handy for identifying my lipsticks as I have a couple of these now so it saves time.



Overall, I'm mega happy. I'm not too fussed about Dusky not suiting me as it was basically free in a 3 for 2 promotion. I am so happy with Treat, I am definitely going to be picking up more creamy shades from the range.

Have you tried Makeup Revolution lipsticks, what are your opinions?

Ellie x 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The darker one is gorgeous! Do you think it goes well with pale skin?
    I really have trouble finding a lipstick that suits me.. so I never wear one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I'm not sure! I prefer it's brown tones as it complements my olive skintone, however I am pale too! Would probably be down to your underlying skin tones in my opinion :) xx

      Delete
  2. These lipsticks look gorgeous - love the colours!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely colours! Just wish I could pull off Dusky though! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the pink! Beautiful!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig