Wednesday 18 June 2014

Sleek Pout Polish - Electro Peach

Hello!


A few weeks ago I bought a couple of Sleek bits'n'bobs whilst Superdrug had a 3-for-2 offer on. I absolutely adore Sleek, and couldn't wait to try them as I'd read so many positive reviews.
This is actually my second attempt at a review, as I typed up a review on this a few days after I bought it, and let's say it was a little negative. 

After trying this out a few more times, I decided my first review was a little too harsh. I did feel disappointed at first, but now I think I have a little gem in my make-up bag and I'm happy enough with it. With some products it takes
me a while to "understand" them, if you know what I mean.

ABOUT
"Electro Peach is a coral tinted lip conditioning balm that nourishes whilst providing a subtle hint of colour and a natural sheen. Formulated with SPF 15 and natural oils such as almond oil, shea butter and vitamin E, keeping lips protected and moisture locked in." - Sleek
A fair and accurate description, I would say! These little buttery balms come in 9 different colours, one to suit everybody! I'm impressed with the fact they have included different tones of pinks too, to cater for all skin tones.



CONS
When I first bought this product, I was very disappointed. The first time I tried it, my lips literally ate it and the colour was gone within minutes. However, since using a brush to apply (and not my fingers), I think wear time has been improved slightly. It still doesn't last at all after eating or drinking, and does require a lot of touch-ups!
I probably wouldn't recommend the product if you wanted an easily reapplicated lip product, as with this it's either use your finger and have a stained finger, or carry a lip brush with you everywhere. I personally find lip brushes awkward "on the go" items.
The packaging also isn't your everyday lip product packaging. It's in a plastic case, very similar to Vaseline. If you're a person who prefers tubes for their lip products, again, this isn't for you.

PROS
The colour is absolutely beautiful, a lovely (and very pigmented) pink-peach. In the tin it looks almost a neon red-orange. It's just so pretty and summery, a perfect pop of colour.
It contains nourishing ingredients and SPF! I am always drawn to products that have nice natural ingredients. I always find they have the best moisturising properties! And SPF is always important, people.
Like I just mentioned, this product is very moisturising. My lips are very fussy when it comes to lip products, so it's a mega bonus that my lips like this.

Super creepy up-close lip shot!

THE BOTTOM LINE
I like it. I like it a lot. I would only recommend this if you don't have a problem with taking a lip brush around with you, as for me, that's the main thing. Reapplication is a bit of a pain. Ah, I'm so on the fence with this one as I really like the colour, moisturising properties... But I don't like the fact it's not easy when you're on-the-go.

Have you tried a Pout Polish, or reviewed one? I'd love to hear what you guys think of them!

SHOP THE POST
Sleek Pout Polish in Electro Peach - £4.49

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig