Saturday 16 August 2014

NYX Concealer Jars - Yellow, Green & Lavender

Hello!


I feel like I haven't done a beauty post/review in forever, so today I'm making some time to write one! I'm reviewing NYX's Concealer Jars, which I have in three colours: yellow, green and lavender. There are skin-coloured concealers too, however these little coloured pots are just what I needed!



I've had these for a while now, so I feel like I can give a proper review on them seeing as I have given them a proper test now! Firstly I'd like to point out that they all have slightly different consistencies, I'm guessing that this is because of the different colour pigmentations, but I could be wrong. I find that yellow is the best, then lavender, then green in terms of blending and how it looks on your face. I also find these apply way better if you have a good base, for example, a silky smooth base created by Benefit's Porefessional. 

YELLOW
I use the yellow concealer every day for underneath my eyes and on my red patches. I find it blends perfectly and very easily and covers extremely well. After wearing for around 9 hours I still can't see much redness coming through, although that is probably helped by my primer and other layers of make-up. It's a very creamy and thick texture, which requires a light hand and gentle layering if need be so it doesn't look cakey. It's my favourite out of the three.

GREEN
I thought the green would do more for me than it actually has, and is actually now residing in my "extra make-up bag". It's very similar in texture to the yellow, however it is harder to blend into my skin, slightly drying and I find it unsettles make-up that you apply over it. I also found it didn't cover my redness as much as I would have liked, which is disappointed. I was thinking about mixing it in with my primer, to try and green-tint my primer to see if that would reduce redness.

LAVENDER
Again, another one I rarely use, however not because of awkward blending problems, it's just that my face doesn't always need brightening! I was going to try and mix this in with my primer to see if it would make a difference to my face. This is my middle favourite from the bunch. 

Overall, I think these are good for coloured concealers as they can be a bit hit and miss. The green is like a lot of green concealers in terms of it being drying, but it's a better texture than most I've tried. They are £6 a pot with £5 delivery so a fairly expensive buy but worth it if you're wanting coloured concealers. 

Just another little note... Yes there are palettes of coloured concealers on eBay for very cheap, however I would like to point out that cosmetics from abroad and China etc often aren't regulated and could have any ingredient in them, so be cautious! I found my cheap coloured palette really hurt my skin (yes, actually hurt!) so please be careful!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig