Wednesday 14 May 2014

E.L.F Eyelid Primer in Sheer

Hello!


I'm feeling so much better today, hooray! Tonsillitis has really knocked me sideways, it's been a while since I've felt this run down. I think it's a combination of doing too much and doing it all the time. I don't ever get a day off as I'm at college during the week and then I work all weekend, whilst trying to fit in my boyfriend, friends, coursework and blogging! Even though I've been ill, it's been nice to have time off, haha.

So today I wanted to review my E.L.F Eyelid Primer! I've been wanting an eyelid primer for quite a white, but I've never actually ended up buying one. Every time I get the opportunity I usually end up picking something else up, so I'm glad I've finally got one because I couldn't live without one now!

I picked this up in the colour "sheer" as I'd seen a lot of positive reviews of it, and how it's a really good dupe for the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Unfortunately I cannot compare as I've never actually seen/used the UD Primer Potion.
I like the fact it is actually sheer, I was kind of worried it would look like a concealer and possibly alter the colour of my shadows. It does apply as a very pale skin tone type colour, however it blends perfectly into the skin leaving no trace, you're just left with a perfect shadow base!


It applies very easily with its doe-foot applicator and is blended easily into the skin by using your fingertips. I apply this all around my eye; on my lid for the main shadow, lower lash line as I apply the colour there too and to keep my inner corner highlight in place. Works a treat!


It holds my shadow in place all day with absolutely no signs of it budging or creasing. I've tested this out my using my worst crease offender, the MUA Undress Me Too palette. I do love the palette, but my gosh does this crease! On my 8.5 hour long shift at work I find by the end of the day my make-up can start to look sparse and I usually end up nipping to the loos around 3.30pm to rub away my shadow creases - however I had non of that last weekend! I was a very happy girl!

The packaging is nothing special, however I am in favour of it's "boring" packaging. I definitely think less is more and I tend to reach for more simple looking products than fancily packaged things. It looks like a concealer bottle, so watch out in case you accidentally reach for this instead of your concealer (not that I did that... Ok, I 100% did...)!


I've just fallen in love with this product already, I have no idea how I'd cope without a lid primer now! I'm just so happy I don't have to worry about creasing anymore, haha. All regular shadow wearers need something like this to prolong the wear and prevent creasing!

The E.L.F Eyelid Primer is only £1.95 - an absolute steal! It comes in a range of 4 colours. You can purchase it here.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig