Saturday 26 April 2014

Turning 18 - Some Thoughts

Hello!



I've wanted to write a chatty post for a while now, so I decided now is probably the best time to write one! On Monday (the 28th) I turn 18. "Woo! Party!" I hear you all cry. Hmm, not for me I'm afraid! Of course, I do love a good party, I mean, who doesn't? But I much prefer the safety of house parties, knowing almost everybody there and having a safe, cold floor to sleep on just seems so much better to me than going out clubbing. I'm genuinely revolted by the idea of clubbing.

But anyway, clubbing aside (I could honestly rant for hours), I'm kind of excited, kind of scared to be turning the big 1-8. It's a massive thing being officially an adult. I am sort of independent, but I'm not as self-reliant as I like to think I am. There are so many more responsibilities and things I'll have to do now I'm an "adult", and the whole thing seems quite scary. 
Of course, it comes with positive things, pretty much every part of life comes with a good aspect. 

There are lots of things I want to change about my life as I'm welcoming in this new, and daunting, title of "adult". Kind of like New Years Resolutions, except less easy to break. I like to think of them as "life targets", haha!

Pass my Driving Test
I am a ridiculously bad driver. My birthday will see the anniversary of the day I started driving. I am sure it doesn't take anyone else this long to learn to drive?! I just really haven't got the hang of it. Not only am I still nervous about driving, other drivers don't seem to know what they're doing or where they're going half the time either! I mean, how am I meant to not hesitate at a roundabout when people aren't indicating?!
But yes, a massive thing for me this year will be passing my driving test. I plan to take me and my boyfriend around the country doing cute things. It'll also give me absolute independence, ooh scary thought again.

Finish College
More like a milestone than a goal, I'll be finishing sixth form this summer. I can't wait. I've never been someone who enjoys education. Even at my last college where I studied horses (one of the loves of my life) I still couldn't get into it. I prefer to work, I absolutely adore working. So finishing college and having the freedom of getting a full-time job (and no more assignments) will be wonderful.

Gain a Full-Time Job
Probably one of my harder tasks for me will be finding full-time employment. A job will enable me to do absolutely anything I want, and that thrills me! 

Get Back in the Saddle
I'm an equestrian. I may not be the most talented or whatever, but horses are in my blood. They're simply magical to be around and I'm finding my life quite difficult without them. I've had a few negative experiences, such as bad falls and massive confidence knocks, but I'm ready to get riding again. Time to get my muscles working again!

Take Blogging More Seriously
This is a big one for me, which I'm starting immediately! I've used blogging in the past as something to do when I'm bored, but more recently I've realised how much I actually enjoy it. I love sitting down at my computer and planning out things to say, and I love planning out what I'm going to blog about next. I do realise my photography leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm working on it. Photography is new thing to me, but I think I'm slowly getting the idea of backgrounds and lighting!
I've also committed to posting new blog posts at least every Wednesday and Saturday!

So yes, here is my little list of things I wish to achieve during my 18 year old life. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig