Tuesday 22 April 2014

Earth Day

Hello!

I've actually got another post lined up for you today which I will post shortly, however I couldn't allow Earth Day to pass by without me blogging about it! 



Every 22nd of April, Earth Day is held around the world. It is a celebration of the beautiful planet we live on and around 192 countries celebrate it each year. Earth Day originally started in 1970 as a protest for the support of environmental protection. Whilst we all should still be trying to protect our rainforests and help keep endangered species alive, many people take the time to appreciate the beauty this world does have, such as rolling countryside, gorgeous beach-fronts and incredible architecture.

Today I've chosen lots of pictures, all from Google's "My Beautiful Earth" project which I wanted to share with you. Check out more images here.
Also, if you want to get involved with donation or any other part of Earth Day, check out the Earth Day Network

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

This has been a really nice post to write. I've been looking for hours (literally) at people's amazing photography on My Beautiful Earth. The animals are my favourite to look at, they are just so special.

Will you be celebrating Earth Day in any way?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EleanorMae | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig